Many patients who come to the practice of Dr. Semira Bayati for liposuction would like to address multiple body areas. […]
Fat grafting offers natural-looking, long-lasting benefits for patients seeking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or enhance volume, contour, and definition on areas of the face and body. During the fat grafting process, our Newport Beach plastic surgeon, Dr. Semira Bayati, removes excess fat cells from the abdomen, hips, thighs, or other parts of the body; the fat is harvested by liposuction. Then, this fat is filtered and concentrated before it can be transferred to the desired treatment areas. Minimally-invasive injections are used to transfer the fat to other areas of the body. Ultimately, Dr. Bayati’s patients can enjoy beautiful, long-lasting results with this advanced procedure. This process maximizes the stem cells and the longevity of the transferred fat grafts.
Fat injections can provide many benefits, including:
- Add volume and contour to the lips, cheeks, or other facial features
- Smooth out wrinkles
- Enhance the buttocks, transforming a flat or unshapely appearance to a full and round look
- In post-cancer breast reconstruction procedures, fat grafting can smooth the look of the breast implants and make the ultimate reconstructed breast more soft and natural appearing
- Reduce the appearance of scars and other signs of skin damage
- Recontour several areas of the body at the same time by removing excess fat in some areas while enhancing other areas
Minimal bruising and swelling may occur after treatment; however, any discomfort following treatment generally subsides quickly and can be alleviated with medication. Results from fat grafting are known to last very long periods of time – in many cases, the effects can last for years.
If you would like to learn more about fat grafting, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bayati, please contact us.