Since each mommy makeover is customized to meet the unique needs of the patient, every woman’s recovery will be slightly different. With multiple procedures involved, patients can expect the recovery process to be more extensive when compared to a single procedure; however, it will all depend on the types of treatment included as part of the mommy makeover. To make your recovery a bit easier, there are several steps our board-certified plastic surgeon typically recommends:
- Be at or near your ideal weight at least one month prior to your procedure
- Have an established healthy diet and exercise routine
- Minimize alcohol consumption
- If you smoke, stop at least six weeks prior to your procedure and refrain from smoking during recovery
- Avoid medications that can increase the risk of bleeding
- Arrange for help around the house, particularly with children, as you should not lift anything (including children) over five pounds during the first several weeks of your recovery
Though Dr. Semira Bayati suggests plenty of rest during recovery, moving around and taking short walks as soon as you feel comfortable can also aid the healing process and prevent blood clots. After about six weeks, most patients are able to resume all normal activity. Detailed recovery instructions will be provided during the consultation process. For more information, please contact us today.