In our last blog post, we talked about the potential benefits of labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation surgery. Today, we’ll discuss the candidacy requirements for these advanced procedures.
An enlarged labia can be caused by many factors, including recent pregnancy, genetics, menopause, weight loss, and the natural process of aging. Elongated or asymmetrical labial tissue can be successfully recontoured and the vaginal area renewed with labiaplasty procedures available here at the practice of Dr. Semira Bayati. During your initial consultation, Dr. Bayati will talk with you about your concerns and perform a comprehensive evaluation to determine if labiaplasty is right for your needs.
Candidates for labiaplasty typically include women who have an enlarged/elongated labia that causes:
- General discomfort, chafing, and irritation
- Difficulty and/or pain during sexual intercourse
- Difficulty exercising or engaging in normal daily activities
- Self-consciousness or embarrassment
- Difficulty wearing certain types of clothing/bathing suits
Candidates for this procedure are also those who:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are not pregnant and are not planning to be pregnant within the next few months
- Are able to avoid travel, sexual intercourse, and strenuous activities for several weeks
- after surgery in order to ensure proper healing
Labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation surgery can be very effective and viable options for women who suffer from this very common condition. With customized treatment and skilled, compassionate care, Dr. Bayati can help you renew your appearance, enhance your comfort, and improve your self-esteem.
Please contact us today for more information, or to schedule an appointment.